2021 DelFest Health and Safety Policies
As we made complex decisions about operating DelFest in 2021, the McCoury family followed four principles:
• We are committed to staging a safe and successful 2021 festival to support the recovery of America’s live entertainment industry, local Allegany County businesses and non-profit organizations who benefit from our annual DelFest Foundation grants.
• We are following rapidly evolving guidance and best practices in our industry to protect the health and safety of performers, their crews, our production crews, event staff, volunteers and vendors.
• We insist on protecting the health and safety of everyone who attends DelFest in 2021.
• We insist on protecting the citizens of Allegany County at this uncertain time in the pandemic.
To move forward with a safe event, after consideration and consultation with medical experts and public officials, we have decided to require all adults who attend (or support the Festival on-site) to be vaccinated, with testing available for minors.
2021 DelFest Health Protocols
Please read carefully. Feel free to reach out with questions. You are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of vaccination:
Proof of full vaccination (two weeks after last dose) for adults 18+ will be required to access the fairgrounds. Minors between 5 and 17 will need to provide proof of negative covid test within 48 hours of entry OR proof of full vaccination (two weeks after last dose). 4 and under no test required.
Proof of vaccination may be provided one of three ways:
- Bindle App (instructions here) — **quickest processing upon arrival** (Bindle only available for 18+)
- CDC Vaccination card + photo ID
- Image of CDC vaccination card + photo ID
Masking is required in indoor spaces. We encourage you to spread out as much as possible and use your best judgment on masking in outdoor settings. Outdoors and fresh air are safer, but if you can’t distance, please wear your mask.
Hand sanitizers and hand wash stations will be plentiful around the festival site. We encourage frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
We are providing more open space at the stages and encourage you to spread out. We are also adding a video screen and speakers in front of the fairgrounds grandstand, adding cushions to provide seating guidance and comfort, and ask that you not gather at the front of the stage. In the campground, please be respectful of your neighbors and keep each other safe.
Please check in with medical if you are showing any symptoms (fever, congestion, sore throat, diarrhea) . We will have rapid covid tests available on site. If you are experiencing any symptoms prior to attending, please get tested and/or choose to stay home.
2022 Rollovers and Refunds
Why can’t you accept a negative covid test in lieu of proof of vaccination for adults?
This is an option that we seriously investigated down to detailed planning on execution, but negative tests are a snapshot in time. With fans on site for up to five days, we were unable to devise a system that would be safe enough for our standards and those of our performers and crews.
Why do you accept proof of negative covid test for minors?
Kids under 12 are not eligible for the vaccine. Kids and teens represent a very small portion of the event attendees. Our goal is to be the safest as possible for the most people and not exclude family attendance.
Vaccinated people can spread the virus – so why restrict to vaccinated people only?
Vaccinated people can get COVID and can spread it, but the chances of either happening are dramatically lower when all adults in any gathering are vaccinated.
What if I have a medical or religious exemption?